CENTER FOR PERFORMING ARTS
The Center for Performing Arts is a location for artists, community members, and students of many interests and disciplines to gather and develop their work. As an organization, the Center is dedicated to the vitality of the creative process and supports practitioners from a range of traditions to teach, learn, workshop, and practice in order to sustain their work/life and become creative and contributing members of their communities.
The Center for Performing Arts was constructed as a convent for Incarnation Catholic Church in 1913. Well-suited to house artist’s studios, dance studios, offices and meeting spaces, in 1995 the arts center project was conceived of and converted into its current use by Jackie Hayes with support from community members and artists.
Since then, the Center has provided hundreds of individual dancers, theaters, movement practitioners, performance companies, dance companies, bodyworkers, therapists, and teachers with affordable office, rehearsal and audition space.
Visit our Facebook page for up-to-date information about classes and events.